Legendary musician, Celine Dion, has cancelled her world tour as she continues to battle with a neurological disorder.
The singer, 55, had previously postponed her planned shows after publicly sharing in December that she had been diagnosed with the disorder known as Stiff Person Syndrome.
Celine took to her Instagram on Friday to announce that with “tremendous disappointment” she was unable to perform on her world tour, adding she was “working really hard to build back her strength.”
Posting an image of her cancelled tour dates, she said: “It is with tremendous disappointment that we have to announce today the cancellation of the Courage World Tour.
“I’m so sorry to disappoint all of you once again. I’m working really hard to build back my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re 100%.
“It’s not fair to you to keep postponing the shows, and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything now until I’m really ready to be back on stage again.
“I want you all to know, I’m not giving up… and I can’t wait to see you again.’
Celine also shared an image of the full list of tour dates that had been cancelled, including shows in France, Belgium, Denmark, Poland and the UK, and a statement announcing the news.
The statement added: “We do have every hope that someday soon, Celine will be able to come to all of these cities in Europe to perform for her amazing fans, but that time simply is not now.”
After Celine posted the sad news, she was flooded with messages of support from her fans, who urged her to take all the time she needed for the sake of her health.
In December, the “Because You Loved Me” singer revealed that she was diagnosed with the rare neurological disorder called stiff person syndrome.
The condition, which affects one in a million people and causes her muscles to tense uncontrollably ultimately leaves sufferers as “human statues” as it progressively locks the body into rigid positions, leaving sufferers unable to walk or talk.
While there is no cure for SPS, there are treatments that slow down the progression and Celine revealed she is doing all she can to minimise symptoms.
The Power of Love singer addressed her fans in a tearful Instagram post on December 8, adding that it was forcing her to postpone her European tour.
The mother-of-three first hinted at her health woes in January 2022 when she canceled the North American dates of her Courage world tour.
The announcement came three months after she had to cancel the start of her Las Vegas comeback residency over the same health issue. Celine has become known as ‘Queen Of Las Vegas’ because of her enormously successful residencies there.
After retiring from her famous Caesars Palace residency in 2019, she was coaxed back to Sin City to perform at the new Resorts World on the Strip.
A statement on her website said that Celine recently had been treated for severe and persistent muscle spasms which are preventing her from performing, and her recovery is taking longer than she hoped.
“Her medical team continues to evaluate and treat the condition.”
Celine added: “I was really hoping that I’d be good to go by now, but I suppose I just have to be more patient and follow the regimen that my doctors are prescribing.
“There’s a lot of organising and preparation that goes into our shows, and so we have to make decisions today which will affect the plans two months down the road. I’ll be so glad to get back to full health, as well as all of us getting past this pandemic, and I can’t wait to be back on stage again.”
“Meanwhile, I’ve been very touched by all the words of encouragement that everyone’s been sending to me on social media. I feel your love and support and it means the world to me.”