The jury in the defamation case against Amber Heard has declared that the actress defamed Johnny Depp, her former husband.
According to a BBC report, the jury:
- Has awarded Depp $10m (£8m) in compensatory damages and $5m in punitive damages
- The jury found that Heard’s statements about her marriage were “false” and she acted with “actual malice”
- Depp, 58, sued his ex-wife for $50m for an article she wrote in which she claimed to be a victim of domestic abuse
- Heard, 36, has counter-sued for $100m, saying he smeared her by calling her a liar
- The jury began their deliberations late last week following a high-profile six-week trial
- The case garnered intense public interest as both actors lobbed accusations of abuse at each other