CISSP certification is the short form for Certified Information Systems Security Professional. It is a globally accepted certification on cybersecurity that has a wide preference among aspiring candidates due to its features. It is administered and managed by the organization named ISC 2 (International Information System Security Certification Consortium). This certification testifies the skills of the candidate regarding cybersecurity that include various techniques used in a penetration test, detection of threats, issues, vulnerabilities, weak access points, risks, malware like viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc. in the system and managing them efficiently and preventing them from attacking the system again. It also includes the restoring of lost data successfully as well as the reversal of damages in the network due to some unavoidable threats that might have occurred.
Duration:-0 6 hours
Number of questions: – 250
Duration of the certification validity: – three years
Cost: – the examination approximately costs around $699 on average overlooking the differences owing to location and other gateway and payment charges.
The examination is based upon a CBK or Common Body of Knowledge, which includes a collection of 10 knowledge areas that are non-negotiable for a security manager or network security specialist.
The focus areas are as follows:-
- Security models and architecture
- Networking and telecommunication security
- Systems and application security development
- Cryptography: – Symmetric algorithms, encryption, message integrity, public key infrastructure, email security, internet security, digital signatures, etc.
- Access controls
- Disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Best management practice
- Laws and ethics
- Physical security: – This is also known as environmental attacks. Includes concepts of threat mitigation techniques, perimeter security, HVAC guidelines, equipment security, personal security, political threats, etc.
- Operations security
The skills to be mastered for clearing the certification test are:-
- Software development
- Security methods and technologies
- Asset safety
- Relationship building with the client
- Guidelines and governance
- Network security
- Risk management
- Network security models
- Security engineering
- Access management
- Penetration testing
- Security assessment
- SWOT analysis, etc.
This certification is widely accepted, coveted, and looked for in many out5standing IT firms like Google, IBM, etc.; it is accepted in all countries around the world. It is one of the most popular certifications in the IT sector.
Salary: – a certified individual may earn up to around $107 000 per year on an average while the starting range of pay scale is around $80 000. These tremendously well-paid jobs are bound to catch anyone’s eyes in the world, which has become a costly affair.
The positive features of CISSP certification can be summarized under the following heads:-
- Cost included: – The application form required to fill in order to appear the exams comes for a minimal fare compared to that of some other tests that satisfy the same certification purpose.
- Prerequisites: – The certification examination does not call for first-hand training or experience before appearing, unlike other exams.
- Preparation to crack it: – It isn’t a piece of cake; neither is it an uphill battle. While there are training and preparation kits available at affordable prices, self-preparation has been proven the best to crack it. Ignoring the differences at individual levels, 8 hours toil per day on an average for 3-4 months suffices.
- Easy to crack: – Preparing durations have been aforementioned. The examination covers the arenas of switches, routers, firewalls, ethical hacking, defense mechanisms, etc. Simple graduation in Information Technology or Computer Science hand-in-glove with a tad bit of specialized hard work should bring your resume this laurel.
- Once & for all:- The examination consists of only one round of multiple-choice questions, drag-and-drop functions, etc., to be solved in 6 hours, and that’s all. There is no GD or PI or several advanced rounds involved in the examination.
- Retake options: – Another star of the galaxy is that there is a retake option with lesser charges in case you don’t make it in the first attempt. You can attempt for a second time right after. But the agency may block you for the tenure of 2 weeks before appearing the third retest to ensure foolproof preparation.
- Scopes: – Google and IBM jobs are the eye candy for any IT candidate. These IT firms prefer CISSP certified candidates, thus making it easier for certified persons to be hired.
- Validity: – This certification can be appeared by a candidate of any nation and is valid globally, widening its acceptance and scope.
Thus, CISSP certification can be deemed one of the best certifications in IT sectors owing to the above-mentioned points that have attempted to cover all required to know.