Second teen in Brooklyn shooting dies

A second teen has died from a triple shooting in Brooklyn, police said on Monday — pushing the number of homicide victims citywide in 24 hours to eight, according to a report by New York Daily.

Anthony Villa, 18, of Cypress Hills, died Monday afternoon after he and two other teens were shot outside George Walker Jr. Park just before 6:40 p.m. Sunday, police said.

Villa was rushed to Kings County Hospital and kept on life support until Monday.

A 16-year-old boy shot in the head died at the scene. He was identified Monday by police as Kleimer Mendez.

The surviving victim, a 17 year-old boy, is in stable condition, officials said.

The bloodshed capped another week of soaring violence.

There were 15 murders for the week — most by gunfire — with a total of 53 people shot, compared to 19 people shot and five murders during the same time frame last year.

The city murder rate is up 29% this year, with 227 murders so far in 2020 compared to 176 by this time last year.

The number of people shot has gone up even more dramatically: 907 people have been struck by bullets this year compared to 500 last year.