Suspected killer of Fahim Saleh, Tyrese Haspil pleads not guilty to second degree murder


At his first appearance in court, the suspected killer of Gokada’s founder and CEO, Fahim Saleh, Tyrse Devon Haspil, pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.

Tyrese entered the plea at an arraignment early Sunday, a spokesman for Legal Aid Society, which is representing Haspil, told FOX News.

From what is clear in the early stage of the trial, Tyrese has never been charged for any other crime apart from the alleged gruesome murder of Fahim Saleh at his Manhattan luxury apartment.


Fahim Saleh, CEO and founder of Gokada was the decapitated body found in Manhattan apartment

Prior to his arrest Friday, Haspil had never had a run-in with the law, according to his attorneys, who urged people to remain open-minded about what may have happened in the case.

“We are in the very earliest stages of ferreting out the truth. The life of this case promises to be long and complex. As the attorneys for Mr. Haspil, we urge the public to keep an open mind,” Legal Aid Society attorneys Sam Roberts and Neville Mitchell said in a statement.

In a press conference, the New York Police Department said the suspected killer of Fahim Saleh, Tyrese Haspil has been charged with second degree murder.

The lead detective, Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison, said during a brief news conference at 1 Police Plaza that Tyrese Haspil, 21, was busted at 8:45 a.m. in the lobby of 172 Crosby St. in Manhattan.


Gokada’s founder murder financially motivated – Police Statement

Haspil handled Saleh’s “finances and personal matters,” Harrison said.

“It is also believed that he owed the victim a significant amount of money,” he said.

Haspil allegedly attacked Saleh with a Taser at 1:45 p.m. Monday while Saleh was getting off an elevator that opened directly into his Manhattan apartment, Harrison said.

Cops were alerted to the slaying after a cousin found Saleh’s remains on Tuesday, Harrison said.

“Mr. Saleh’s cousin discovered his dismembered body in the middle of his apartment with his head, arms and legs amputated,” Harrison said,

Harrison said he wouldn’t “get into the cause of death” or answer any questions, and ended the briefing after just three minutes.

Yesterday, current and former staff, friends and partners of Gokada held a global candlelight service in his honour. It was a solemn and heartfelt event that celebrated his personality, person and innovative lifestyle as a leader and human.

His next date in the courts has been fixed for August.