Police in Cape Town South Africa have arresyed two teenagers for an alleged mass killings in the city.
Police are chasing a sixth suspect.
The killing of five Cape Town men has been followed by a fifth arrest this weekend.
On 30 June, police were called to a scene in Philippi, where four men had been shot dead in a house.
It is alleged that seven armed men stormed into the dwelling at about 18:30 and started firing randomly at the occupants.
Provincial police spokesperson Brigadier Novela Potelwa said a fifth victim died in hospital.
Western Cape police commissioner Lieutenant General Yolisa Matakata implored investigators to bring the perpetrators to book.
“The resources assigned to these investigations are expected to give us arrests and much-needed answers to these heinous acts,” said Matakata.
The plea appears to have been heard, with police announcing today:
“The efforts of the provincial integrated team deployed in Philippi East to quell incidents of violent crime have paid off with the arrest of two more teenagers in Khayelitsha last night… The team followed vital information to the Nkanini informal settlement where they found the two suspects both 19 years of age hiding in a house. They were subsequently arrested on murder charges.”
The first two arrests were of two teenagers, aged 18 and 19, on Main Road in Delft on Monday 6 July. The third was on Thursday 9 July, when police arrested a 20-year-old suspect.