After the seating convened to proceed with the impeachment of the Deputy Governor of the state, Mr Agboola Ajay, 14 members of the house of have signed his impeachment notice.
In the notice which was sent to the deputy governor, it reads in part:
Consequent upon listed below, we the underlisted duly elected Honourable Members of the 9″‘ Assembly move the impeachment of The Deputy Governor of Ondo State, His Excellency Hon. Alfred Agboola Ajayi with immediate effect base on the following allegations.
I. Gross Misconduct
2. Abuse of office with actions likely to bring down Ondo State Government
3. Financial Recklessness
4. Abandonment of office, official duty and other Assignments
5. Actions on Sunday 21st of June 2020 likely to cause breach of peace in reference to 1983 political crisis with the intent to incite the citizens against the government of Ondo Slate in a video clip at Government house ground before the Commissioner of Police, Ondo State (Copy of clip attach),
14 house of assembly members have signed the notice of Impeachment of the deputy governor of Ondo state. pic.twitter.com/DFy4ZCEH30
— Daddy D.O🇳🇬 (@DOlusegun) July 7, 2020
6. Publications dated Tuesday 23rd ofJlune, 2020 on new media and prints media by his sacked aide Babatope Okeowo credited to his person and office by Sahara Reporter, Sunnsebulletin.com and others maligning the credibility of the legislative arm of Government with false allegations of cash inducement. (Copy attach)
7. Petition from All Progressive Congress (APC) Ondo Chapter on his alleged Movement to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) having sworn-in as the Deputy Governor on the Party’s Ticket with Mr. Governor for a 4 years term.
BREAKING: Nine members of the ondo state house of assembly have dissociated themselves from the impeachment process against the deputy governor,making it impossible to attain the 18 signatories required for two third majority as stipulated in the constitution. pic.twitter.com/7UDitwf5EE
— Olóyè TD. Esq (@BolanleCole) July 7, 2020
However, about nine members of the house have dissociated themselves from the impeachment process against the deputy governor, making it impossible to attain the 18 signatories required for two-third majority as stipulated in the constitution.