For those who are familiar with Ponzi schemes, there a new one making waves in the community. Popularly called AIM Global or in full as Alliance in Motion Global, it is a very plausible venture but with unclear intents.
Should the merits of AIM Global, it would seem it is a very genuine platform for financial investment but a deeper analysis of its structure and mode of operation shows that the scheme is a typical Ponzi scheme that will go bust sooner or later.
On its website, AIM Global said it “provides you with a high value income opportunity through its most pro distributor compensation plan.”
AIM Global has about six products and services it sells. They are mostly coffee and food supplements. This could make you think it is a very genuine venture.
However, it gets clearer that the scheme is simply phony when it goes straight into its compensation plan. See below:
1. Retail profit income of 25% just sharing and inviting people to use the products:
2. Referral Bonus of N3,000 for every person you refer or invite to join the business and purchase a global package.
3. Matching Bonus of N4,800 every time there is a referral at the left and right side of your binary organization or an equivalent product purchase up to a maximum of N153,200 per day for 1 Global Package Purchased (maximum of 15 Global Packages per single individual account).
The very good thing here is you get N4,800 matching bonus whether the match comes from your direct referral or indirectly from anyone under your network of distributors.
4. Unilevel Income – 5% on monthly purchases of your direct referrals and their respective down lines’ purchases up to the 10th level. The 10 levels are completed from further down when anyone in the top 10 level made no purchase for the month. This applies to all your direct referrals and respective down lines no mater how many (no limit).
AIM Global Compensation/Marketing Plan
5. Stair Step Plan (Overriding Commission)
Silver Executive – 10% overriding commission on your group’s sales volume. Achieved when the equivalent points of your group’s sales volume reached 10 points.
Gold Executive – 20% overriding commission on your group’s sales volume. Achieved when the equivalent points of your group’s sales volume reached 100 points.
Global Ambassador – 30% overriding commission on your group’s sales volume. Achieved when the equivalent points of your group’s sales volume reached 1,000 points.
Here is the meat of the matter: The fact that AIM Global has actual products it sells is a makes it look genuine but a review of its so-called ‘compensation plan shows that it only requires newer ‘investors’ money to pay old investors and when there is a drought of new investors, the scheme collapses leaving most of its investors in losses.
In the last one year, there has been a drop in the rise of Ponzi schemes, but the resurgence of AIM Global and many other ones tallies with the submission of a financial expert who said there is always a surge in Ponzi schemes two years after a major collapse.
It would be recalled that MMM Nigeria, collapsed in December 2016 leaving close to N25 billion in losses and millions of Nigerians in a financial mess. While some committed suicides, others took legal actions against major promoters of the scheme.