Citigroup Inc. said its net income for the second quarter 2017 of USD3.9 billion, or USD1.28 per diluted share, on revenues of $17.9 billion.
The net income is a 3% decrease on a year on a year basis.
Revenues increased 2% from the prior year period, driven by growth in Institutional Clients Group (ICG)and Global Consumer Banking (GCB), partially offset by lower revenues in Corporate / Other.
Earnings per share of $1.28 increased 3% from $1.24 per diluted share in the prior year period, driven by a 6% reduction in average diluted shares outstanding, partially offset by the lower net income.
See below highlights of the result:
- Revenues of $17.9 Billion
- Returned $2.2 Billion of Capital to Common Shareholders
- Repurchased 29 Million Common Shares
- Book Value per Share of $77.36
- Tangible Book Value per Share of $67.32
- Total deposit was USD959 billion as of quarter end
- Citigroup’s end of period loans were USD645 billion as of quarter end