A recent survey revealed the global players in tabletop and sachet sweeteners market 2017-2021″ which includes Ajinomoto, Cargill, PureCircle, Roquette and Tate & Lyle.
The analysts forecast the brands in the industry to grow at a CAGR of 8.66% during the period 2017-2021, Research and Markets confirm,
According to the research, global Tabletop and Sachet Sweeteners Market 2017-2021, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
One trend in market is natural sweeteners witnessing increased demand. There are two types of sweeteners available in the market: artificial sweeteners and naturally derived non-calorie sweeteners.
Stevia is one of the fastest growing natural sweeteners. The growing health problems, such as obesity and diabetes, have made consumers highly concerned about their health. This trend is expected to encourage consumers to opt for natural sweeteners.
One driver in market is increasing demand for natural sweeteners. Stevia does not have calorie and fat content. It has 30 different types of molecules with varying contents of sweetness and bitterness.
Hence, it has been proven to be good for human health. Moreover, it helps to combat diabetes and maintain an optimum blood sugar level. These reasons have led to the introduction of several categories of products made from stevia.
Popular in Nigeria, Ajinomoto ranks among the top 5 global player isted below:
• Ajinomoto is a Japanese food and chemical corporation which produces seasonings, cooking oils, TV dinners, sweeteners, amino acids, and pharmaceuticals. In particular it is the world’s largest producer of aspartame, with a 40% global market share.
• Cargill offers a wide variety of sweeteners to meet formulation needs: granulated sugar, erythritol, corn syrup, mexican refined sugar, liquid sucrose, stevia sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, polyols, maltitol, trehalose, liquid adjuncts and mexican estandar sugar.
• PureCircle is the leading producer of high-purity stevia ingredients to the global food and beverage industry. PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
• Roquette is a French-based family owned company which produces more than 650 by-products from the starch extracted from corn, wheat, potatoes and peas.
• Tate & Lyle has a wide sweetener portfolio in the industry. The company says it offer more sweetness than sugar — and often none or only a fraction of the calories — so you can use less to achieve the same level of sweetness.
Other prominent vendors
• Cumberland Packing
• DOMINO FOODS
• GLG Leading Life Technologies
• Heartland Food Products Group
• Stevia First
• Sunwin Stevia International
For more on the research conducted by Research and Markets.