Skills and experience:
Malcolm has extensive experience in energy, governance and sustainability. He served as a member of the Board of Directors of Royal Dutch Shell plc from 2002 to 2012. During his 37 year career with Shell he held various leadership positions in the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, including Executive Director of Exploration and Production, Executive Director of Upstream International and Chairman and Upstream Managing Director of Shell UK.
Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Former Director of Royal Dutch Shell plc (from July 2002 to March 2012, including as a Director of Royal Dutch Petroleum and Shell Transport and Trading Ltd prior to unification of Shell’s corporate structure).
- Former Director of Shell Petroleum N.V. (from July 2002 to March 2012).
- Director of CH2M Hill Companies, Ltd (since July 2012).
- Former Director of Network Rail Ltd; Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd (from October 2010 to July 2016).
- Chairman of the Shell Foundation (since July 2009 and Trustee since June 2004).
- President-elect of The Energy Institute, UK (since June 2016 and, before that, Vice President from October 2015).
- Chair-designate of Engineering UK (from October 2016).
Board Committee membership:
- Chairman of the Sustainability Committee.
- Member of the Remuneration Committee.