Carolyn has been a Director of BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc since March 2010.
Skills and experience:
Carolyn is a former investment banker and has over 30 years’ experience in the finance sector. She was previously an Executive Director of Schroders Australia Limited and has extensive financial markets, risk management and investment management expertise. Carolyn is a former Director of BT Investment Management Limited, Westpac Banking Corporation, AMP Limited, CSR Limited, AGL Energy Limited, the Australian Gas Light Company, South Australian Water and the Economic Development Board of South Australia.
Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Member of Federal Government Growth Centres Advisory Committee (from January 2015).
- Director of Stockland Group (since March 2009).
- Trustee Westpac Foundation (since May 2015).
- Former Member of Australian Federal Government Financial Systems Inquiry (from January 2014 to December 2014).
- Former Member of the Advisory Board of Nanosonics Limited (from June 2007 to August 2015).
- Former Director of BT Investment Management Limited (from December 2007 to December 2013).
- Former Director of Australian Charities Fund Operations Limited (from June 2000 to February 2014).
- Former Director and Patron of the Neurosurgical Research Foundation (from April 1993 to December 2013).
- Former Trustee and Chairman of Westpac Buckland Fund (from January 2011 to December 2013) and Chairman of Westpac Matching Gifts Limited (from August 2011 to December 2013), together known as the Westpac Foundation.
- Former Director of Westpac Banking Corporation (from February 2003 to June 2012).
Board Committee membership:
- Chairman of the Remuneration Committee.
- Member of the Nomination and Governance Committee.