The budget of sokoto state as presented by Gov. Aminu Tambuwal to the state House of Assembly is a total estimate of NGN204.3 billion for the fiscal year 2017.
At the budget presentation, Governor Tambuwal presented the 2017 budget which is NGN29.9 billion more the 2016 budget of NGN174 billion.
Here are the topline of what the state will be prioritising for the year 2017″
- 69% of the project is for capital projects while 31% will be dedicated to recurrent expenditure.
- 27.3% is allocated to the Education section which is an estimate of NGN38.43 billion.
- Ministry of works and transport is allocated to NGN16.2 billion.
- Ministry of Water resources and environment is allocated NGN10.7 billion
- Ministry of housing,lands and survey is allocated NGN8.2 billion
- Ministry of rural and community development is allocated NGN5.6 billion
- Ministry of solid minerals and natural resources development is allocated NGN 2.7 billion
- Ministry of commerce,industries and tourism ids allocated NGN4 billion
- The health sector is allocated NGN7.7 billion
According to Mr. Tambuwal, the policy thrust of the budget is to ensure sustainable economic development through substantial investment in critical sectors.
Tambuwal added that though the financial state of affairs in the country was facing huge challenges, the state’s 2017 budget would address key policy issues.
Mr. Tambuwal , while urging the lawmakers to do a diligent job in handling the budget document, said his administration, as shown since it assumed office, would prioritise meeting the aspirations of the people of the state.
“I want to emphasise the need for us to work as a team so that together we can move our dear state forward,” he said