Uber, the ride-hailing app is exactly two years in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole. The company has released its key milestones within the first two years of its operations.
It’s been 2 years since Uber hit the streets of Lagos, and it’s been an absolutely exhilarating ride. During this time, we are humbled to have moved with you over a Million times in Lagos.
Lagos never stops moving, and since launching in 2014, neither have we.
As part of this incredible adventure, we thought we’d crunch a few numbers and let you know exactly how much you’ve moved us.
- We have connected thousands of people since launch and have facilitated over a million trips through the platform!
- Our one millionth trip took place on 16th July 2016 from Yaba to Lekki.
- We’ve moved over 40 nationalities in the country since we launched!
- We have travelled approximately 9,000,000 km in the time that we have been here.
- That’s almost the exact distance to make 10 trips to the moon – and back too
Content on this site, including news, quotes, data and other information, is sourced by PageOne.ng from official and public sources and other third party content providers for your personal information only, and is not intended for trading purposes. Content on this site is not appropriate for the purposes of making a decision to carry out a transaction or trade. Nor does it provide any form of advice (investment, tax, legal) amounting to investment advice, or make any recommendations regarding particular financial instruments, investments or products.