Yesterday, UBA PLC notified The Exchange the appointment of new executive directors. Today, the bank has just done the opposite of the action. Two directors are retiring from its board of directors.
- Mr. Femi Olaloku will leave the bank effective from: 30th of June,2016
- Ms. Obi Ibekwe will leave the bank effective from:31st of May, 2016.
The bank said they have completed their tenures. UBA’s announcement of new sets of executive directors is pivotal for its future as it seeks to invest more in African countries.
In a letter to The Exchange yesterday, the following officers will be taking over from its existing team:
- Mr Ibrahim Puri will serve as Executive Director, North Bank
- Mr. Ayoku Liadi will serve as Executive Director, Lagos & West Bank
- Mr. Oliver Alawuba will serve as Executive Director/CEO UBA Anglophone
- Mr. UChe Ike will serve as Executive Director, Risk Management
- Mr. Chukwuma Nweke, Executive Director Operations & Technology.
It is unclear if more people will retire in any time soon.