UBA PLC, a commercial and retail bank in Nigeria has just notified The Exchange, the appointment of new executive directors on its board.
According to a statement released by the company, their appointment will take effect from the 1st of August , 2016.
Seeking the approval of The Exchange, the bank has put forward the following persons to fill respective positions:
- Mr Ibrahim Puri will serve as Executive Director, North Bank
- Mr. Ayoku Liadi will serve as Executive Director, Lagos & West Bank
- Mr. Oliver Alawuba will serve as Executive Director/CEO UBA Anglophone
- Mr. UChe Ike will serve as Executive Director, Risk Management
- Mr. Chukwuma Nweke, Executive Director Operations & Technology.
The bank affixed their resume to the letter added below:
UBA PLC is trying to increase its investment in other African countries as investment outlook of Nigeria is hampered by the fall in crude prices. The bank has also suffered losses in its East Africa operations where it has not yet turned profit.