Morocco says it will bid to host 2026 FIFA World cup

Morocco says it will bid to host 2026 FIFA World cup

Morocco through its football federation says it has officially notified the world’s football governing body of its intention of bidding to host the 2026 FIFA world Cup.

This was contained in an official statement released by the federation where its also stated that it had submitted application to the appropriate quarters.

The statement below:

The Royal Moroccan Football Federation officially presented its candidature on Friday 11 August 2017 to organize the World Cup 2026.

The Federation has submitted its application form to the relevant committees of the International Federation of Football Association – FIFA – to host this world event.

Recalled that the last African nation to host the senior FIFA world cup was South Africa in 2010.

This would be Morocco’s fifth candidacy having come up short already in 1994, 1998, 2006 and 2010. In April, the United States, Canada and Mexico had already announced a joint bid to host the tournament.