Mohamed Sajid Darsot is a director in ENSafrica’s corporate commercial department and specialises in commercial contracts, company sales and purchases, corporate restructures, management buyouts, take-overs and mergers and acquisitions, both within South Africa and cross-border in Africa.
He has acted for clients (including listed, unlisted and multinational firms) in a variety of sectors including the automotive industry, transport and logistics, fuels and energy, healthcare, and property development industries.
Mohamed’s experience includes advising clients in relation to private equity, corporate governance, corporate finance and commercial property related matters.
He is a non-executive director of Melomed Hospital Holdings Limited, a Cape-based private hospital group.
Mohamed co-authored the South African Country Chapter on Corporate Governance in Getting the Deal Through – Corporate Governance (2011 and 2012 editions) and the South African country chapter on the first edition of the Private Equity Review (2012 edition). He also co-authored the South African country chapter on Corporate M&A, Chambers Legal Practice Guides (2013 edition).
Mohamed is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Best Lawyers® 2017 – Mergers and Acquisitions (South Africa)
- BSocSc (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of the Western Cape)
- LLM (University of Cape Town)
- International Capital Markets Qualification (South African Institute of Financial Markets)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa.